I finally got around to making something new! Actually, over the past month or so I cut out two other patterns and fabrics and just didn’t feel like making them. I wasn’t crazy about the fabric/pattern combinations– it’s a problem I have. I love all these crazy prints in the store and buy the fabric but then realize I don’t have a lot of good patterns for loud fabric or it’s something I wouldn’t wear. I’m accumulating quite the stash of pretty fabric that I have no idea what to do with.
Anyway, this is a pattern I’ve wanted to make for awhile. The pattern is the Anna Tunic by Amy Butler. The fabric is Fandango by Kate Spain. I love longer shirts and figure I can wear this with my straight leg or skinny(ish) jeans. Here’s what the pattern was supposed to look like:
I think mine (though in a larger size) looks pretty close. I haven’t made the flower yet. I didn’t think I’d want it initially but it probably would be a good option to have. This is a great blouse to show off a cute fabric. It’s also lined and the buttons and button loops on the back are a nice detail.
Making the tunic wasn’t too hard. Other than some confusion with how to construct the yoke (I must have read those directions 20 times!), it really wasn’t too bad. I had several hiccups but those were my own doing. I will likely make a couple more and I’m sure they will go quickly now that I’ve been through the process.
The fit is a little big – it’s too baggy throughout. Next time I make one, I’ll probably take in the upper portion a bit and figure out how to move the up the waist.
Forgive these ridiculous picture. The light was fading and my remote was downstairs and, well, I was lazy.
Even Ollie has been bitten by the sewing bug.
Have a great weekend!